Gaudí Bike Tour
Barcelona Tapas and culture bike tour – The art and architecture bike trail
The more than 3-hour, varied and unique bike tour to many Art Nouveau buildings is more extensive than the usual tours. Specially planned for architecture and art interested travelers. We go by bike deep into the heart of the music, art, culture, literature and film city of Barcelona. It is also a tour about literature, the typical Rumba Catalan music, movies, and finally you’re invited to a typical tapas bar including a glass of wine.
The rapid economic development of Catalonia and Barcelona at the end of the 19th century created a middle class seeking new ways of self-expression. The Modernisme became the main expressive movement of the Renaixança. Catalonia has over 2000 registered buildings of the Modernisme. During this tour you will see the most beautiful and important of them, but also less well-known and nevertheless worth seeing buildings. Amongst other things we show you the works of the architects Antoni Gaudí, Lluís Domènech i Montaner and Josep Puig i Cadafalch, including the bullfighting arena Placa del Toros del Monumental, the Arc De Triumph with visit to the Parque Ciutadella and as a dramatic conclusion the Sagrada Familia.
The itinerary includes
Small tapas snack and free drink in a typical old town restaurant
Helmet, travel bag, bottle of water
Calle Marina 210, 08013 Barcelona Travel on the L2 metro line to Monumental station. The local tour operator’s office is directly by the station.
Duration: around 3,5 hours
Languages: English, German
Price: 39,00 €
Private tour: for minimum 2 and maximum 12 persons
• This is a private tour and you travel individually on the booked date. The tour can be started on the day of booking at 10.00 in the morning or 16.00 in the afternoon.
• The booking by mail should be paid in cash before we start of the tour at the help desk of our shop.
• Cancelations should be announced 24 h before the tour
• Family friendly: Children and teenagers between 8 and 16 years please register with body size so we can prepare helmet and bike size. Children under 7 should only join the tour, if they are experienced cyclists. For kids from 6 months to 6 years we provide a child seat for free.
• The tour takes place in all weather conditions. In extreme weather conditions we can try to arrange an alternative date.